There are many different ways that real estate investors can find investment properties for sale. By using a variety of resources to find available investment properties for sale, a real estate investor will have a better chance of finding the best investment property. Here are five different ways for property investors to find the best real estate investing properties for sale.
Finding Investment Properties for Sale – Networking
As you should already know, real estate is a people business. The relationships that a real estate investor creates over the course of his/her real estate investing career are a valuable asset. Someone you know may have a deal up their sleeves, or perhaps know someone else who does. Networking is one of the best ways to find investment properties for sale which are not known to everyone. Moreover, this way a real estate investor may be able to buy investment properties at a lower price!
It’s recommended for real estate investors expand their network. Useful groups to network with include:
- Personal Investor Network: This can include landlords you have met who own investments properties or an old college contact who is now a real estate investor.
- Investment Clubs: Investment clubs are a useful contact because there is often an email list where members share and advertise investment properties for sale. If you don’t belong to any, it’s a good idea to join one!
- Personal Acquaintances/Relationships: Real estate experts are not the only ones who can lead you to a great investment opportunity. Friends, family, and professional contacts can also be great resources to find potential investment properties for sale, as they may have acquaintances of their own who know of a great investment opportunity.
That said, real estate investors have to make their intentions known! You shouldn’t hesitate to inform those in your network that you’re interested in finding investment properties for sale. It’s completely possible that a coworker, for example, will know of someone looking to sell an investment property.
Related: Creating a Real Estate Investing Network: Who Do You Need?
Finding Investment Properties for Sale – Online
The bad news is: the best investment properties for sale aren’t typically listed on the open market. The good news is: technology has made finding investment properties for sale a much easier process!
There are many different websites available that help real estate investors search for and find the best investment properties for sale. These sites offer various resources, and some even offer property records and neighborhood information to further help property investors analyze the investment property. The most popular online source is the MLS “Multiple Listing Service”. Other two known websites that are helpful in conducting your search are Mashvisor and Realtor.com.
- Mashvisor provides real estate investing data analysis to real estate investors. At Mashvisor, we automate and analyze nationwide real estate data to empower property investors to find both traditional and Airbnb investment properties and optimize their rental performance using the best real estate investing tools: Mashvisor’s investment property calculator and property finder! These tools provide property investors with readily calculated returns on investment for thousands of investment properties across the U.S, thus, helping them find the best investment properties for sale within minutes!
Click Here to start searching for the best investment properties with Mashvisor!
- Realtor.com is the National Association of Realtors’ official site. A property investor can search through millions of property listings all over the country. Another nice feature of Realtor.com is that it allows a property investor to type in a street address or zip code, and it will provide you with an assessed value of homes in that area. They can also sign up for a service called “SearchAssis” that delivers up-to-date property listings of investment properties for sale to their inbox when they hit the market.
Finding Investment Properties for Sale – Realtors
Sure, technology has made it possible for property investors to do a lot of the work themselves. However, in real estate investing, there’s no substitute for an experienced real estate professional who knows the local housing market and can save time and money. Realtors can be very helpful in your search for investment properties for sale in several ways:
- Property investors can call their real estate agent for property listings which they’ve driven by and/or saw online which interest them.
- Property investors can speak to real estate offices, particularly realtors that are designated in certain towns or parts of towns to find out about potential investment properties for sale there.
- In some offices, real estate agents won’t always advertise property listings on the Multiple Listing Services (MLS). Some real estate agents will provide these property listings only to their actual contacts. Thus, a real estate investor needs to be in the realtor’s database in order to stay updated with these investment properties.
Finding Investment Properties for Sale – Print Media
Another great way to search for local investment properties for sale is through print media. Some of these investment properties are actually not advertised online, meaning there is not as much competition for them which is great for a property investor!
Newspapers are a great source to find investment properties that are “for sale by owner”. A real estate investor can look at the main newspaper for his/her chosen state, as well as smaller community newspapers (tailored to more specific cities). Similarly, local marketing publications are another way to find investment properties for sale, given that realtor offices often advertise their investment property listings in these pamphlets.
Finding Investment Properties for Sale – Auctions
Real estate auctions are becoming more popular, especially for a property investor looking for a bargain. You’ll notice that experienced real estate investors find investment properties for sale this way. Not to mention, technology has simplified the process and made it even more approachable to new real estate investors as well.
While you can find any type of investment property at an auction, most are foreclosures. Moreover, keep in mind that there are two types of real estate auctions: live (in-person) and online. The latter is becoming more and more dominant as property investors became more comfortable with making purchases online. A real estate investor can search for investment properties for sale on online auction sites such as Auction.com.
Related: Buying a Foreclosed Home? Here’s What You Need to Know
Finding Investment Properties for Sale – Conclusion
No matter which way you choose to go about searching for investment properties for sale, remember that buying investment properties can be a complicated process. Moreover, to find investment properties for sale, it’s more important for a property investor to understand the many ways than to master only one. The best and most successful real estate investors are aware that their next deal may possibly come from anywhere! Therefore, reducing your investment property search to only one method will essentially limit your potential for finding the best investment properties for sale.
Head over to Mashvisor’s knowledge center to learn more about everything real estate! And sign up to get full access to Mashvisor’s investment property finder, in addition to Mashvisor’s investment property calculator which allows a property investor to search for and analyze different investment properties on the U.S market.
Click here to start searching for investment properties for sale across the United States!