Our PropStream reviews can help you understand how this software works, how much it costs, and whether it’s worth paying for a subscription.
As real estate investors, you need access to comprehensive real estate data and marketing solutions in order to succeed. Several tools like PropStream can help you find suitable properties to invest in. Make sure to check PropStream reviews if it’s the right tool for you or if there are better options out there.
Investors often use real estate investment software to find the best deals, boost sales, and generally grow their income from their investments. Below, we will cover one of the most popular online real estate investing software available in the market today – PropStream.
What Is PropStream?
PropStream is an online real estate investment software that aims to provide real estate investors access to accurate, current, and reliable real estate data and tools. This software is ideal for real estate investors, house-flippers, brokers, and agents who need to research and analyze both national and local real estate market data to help them meet their investment goals.
PropStream also aims to help those investors who want to know how to find off market properties without the need to leave the comfort of their homes or offices and drive around the neighborhood to find distressed properties. PropStream markets itself as an online real estate data provider that provides access to multi-sourced data, powerful tools, and an intuitive interface so that investors can have the power to locate great deals and act on opportunities efficiently.
PropStream Reviews: Features and Benefits
According to several PropStream reviews available online, the software offers the tools investors need to grow their real estate business. PropStream provides an all-in-one solution to help investors manage their growing business. But is it really worth your money? Let’s take a look at some of the most important features and benefits of PropStream real estate software:
If you are wondering how to find distressed properties on PropStream, several PropStream reviews tell us that its database allows investors to search for available properties using a wide range of criteria. They can search by property types such as single-family, townhouse, multi-family houses, or by property usage, including residential, office, commercial, industrial, transportation, agricultural, recreational, and vacant land.
The property search can be extended to any address across the country, which is important for real estate investors who are also interested in investing in other areas besides their immediate covered location.
Investors can use a combination of over 120 search filters and criteria to generate targeted leads and view a list of properties that meet their criteria. Based on PropStream reviews, the feature allows investors to search for different types of properties using their filters, and they’ll get notified when a new listing matches their criteria.
PropStream also provides comparable sales of similar properties within investors’ chosen neighborhoods to help them determine the property’s actual value. Many PropStream reviews state that the software considers the average values of similar homes from the same neighborhood using data from several multiple listing services and information from county records.
For investors asking themselves, “how to find comps in my area using PropStream?” They can choose the exact neighborhood and compare suitable properties that are similar to theirs using PropStream’s enhanced filters and drawing tools.
Contact Property Owners
Investors who want to know how to find out who owns a house have used PropStream to reach the property owner directly. According to various PropStream reviews online, contacting the owners have helped them close more deals faster.
PropStream features a built-in Skip Tracing, which provides homeowner phone numbers and emails, as well as mailing addresses. Along with its built-in postcard feature, investors will have the option to send a postcard and get in touch with the property owners quickly.
PropStream also features List Automator, which automates leads for its users. Reviews said that this has saved them money and time as they were able to concentrate on closing deals. With List Automator, new leads that match investors’ search criteria will be automatically added to their list of leads while removing leads that no longer match their preferences.
Investors can engage with owners and generate leads that match their preferences using PropStream’s built-in marketing feature. The feature provides them with the option to send automated emails, voice mails, postcards, or snail mails, as well as create custom landing pages.
Users can also generate additional leads using the custom landing page feature, which is a self-hosted solution.
Estimate Costs for Rehabilitation
House flippers found PropStream useful as well. Based on some PropStream reviews, the Rehab Estimator tool that comes with the software can give investors estimated labor and material costs of a rehab project. They just have to choose a project category and select a specific area for rehab to know how much they need to spend approximately for rehab.
Market Trends and Analytics
PropStream also provides market trends data and analytics so investors can see what the current market looks like. The feature allows them to quickly identify the next hot spots—like the best place to buy rental property if they plan to invest in traditional or vacation rentals.
PropStream Reviews: How Much the Software Costs
PropStream offers a 7-day free trial period so you can test its features and see if the software works for you. The trial includes:
- Full access to PropStream, except for the Team Members feature
- 50 imports/exports of properties
- Ability to purchase all in-app products (skip tracing and marketing), excluding List Automator
After seven days, you’ll be charged $99 per month.
The package includes the following features:
- Online and mobile app
- Nationwide property data
- 120+ lead filters
- County records + MLS comps
- 10,000 Property downloads/month
- Integrated marketing platform
It’s important to note that the above package does not include all the available features that PropStream offers. Aside from $99, you also need to pay for add-ons if you want to use other features not included with their basic package. Additionally, you will be charged for in-app purchases if you want to access certain marketing tools.
Here is the list of available add-ons, including their corresponding prices and features:
- List Automator®: Starts at $27 additional per month
- Daily list monitoring
- Monitor up to 2,000 properties
- List import and append capabilities
- $0.10 per property for skip tracing
- Team Member: Starts at $20 additional per month
- Full access to PropStream
- Managed permissions and access levels
- Up to 5 team members per account
- Mobile Scout: Free
- Access to Drive feature
- Ability to tag and share properties
- Up to 10 scouts per account
Here is the list of marketing tools available for in-app purchases:
- Professional postcards: $0.40 each
- Skip tracing with DNC flagging: $0.12 each
- Emails: $0.02 each
How to Cancel PropStream Subscription
You may email the PropStream customer support team to cancel your subscription at any time. The company does not accept cancellation requests through the phone, in person, or via in-app chat. Keep in mind that there is also no “cancel my subscription” button found in their app.
If you decide not to pay for a subscription after the 7-day trial period, make sure to cancel it via email before the free trial period ends so you will not be billed the monthly fee.
Is It Worth Subscribing to PropStream?
While many PropStream reviews highlight the different features that the real estate investing software offers, we should not overlook the cost that comes with it. As a real estate investor, it’s important to ask yourself if it’s worth spending at least $99 per month to automate your investments—this is equivalent to $1,188 (or even more) in annual expenses for just a real estate investment software. The total cost can easily add up and can greatly affect your returns.
Before making a decision to spend this much money, it’s essential to analyze your needs first and research other available alternatives that cost less.
How Mashvisor Can Help
Mashvisor is an excellent real estate investing software alternative that offers comprehensive real estate analytics to help you make informed investment decisions. It can help you optimize your rental income strategy by:
- Providing you with important data so you’ll know the exact potential income of all traditional and Airbnb properties in your preferred neighborhood
- Providing in-depth traditional and Airbnb data analysis, such as rental pricing, cap rate, occupancy rates, and seasonality trends
- Offering an interactive property analysis so you can instantly edit cost assumptions to fine-tune your analysis on every property profile
Mashvisor aims to help real estate investors learn how to get started in real estate investing by providing the necessary market insights so they can:
- Define the highest performing neighborhoods and maximize potential returns
- Understand the neighborhood trends, analyze comparables, and know the accurate value of an investment property
- Maximize your investment by using predictive analytics so you’ll know the best combination of home attributes
Mashvisor Features and Benefits
Mashvisor is best for both first-time and experienced real estate investors, as well as brokers, agents, and property managers. With three different plans that only cost $17.99, $49.99, and $74.99 per month, you’ll be able to access the Mashvisor database that covers thousands of properties and a number of tools to help you make the best out of your investments.
Mashvisor features the following:
- Rental strategy comparison: Mashvisor provides essential data and insights to help you calculate how much you’ll make on a traditional rental or Airbnb property, including rental income, cash flow, cash on cash return, cap rate, occupancy rate, and monthly expenses.
- Interactive purchase analysis and investment property calculator: Mashvisor offers interactive purchase analysis with an investment property calculator to make it easier for you to input your costs and view your potential returns. The tool allows you to input your own figures and also provides pre-calculated expenses such as interest rate, property tax, maintenance, and more.
- Personalize and share the property: You can add your own notes and share the property report with a friend, colleague, or agent.
- Valuation analysis: You can view nearby listings so you can compare your property to other properties. It includes information like overall rating, Airbnb occupancy rate, Airbnb nightly rate, Airbnb ratings and reviews, rental income, and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Know your neighborhood: You will get an overall evaluation of the neighborhood, the property, and the Airbnb market.
You can try the features above for free for seven days. Mashvisor will help you determine which real estate investment strategy would work best in a specific location. When you’re ready to get started, just click here to search for the best investment properties in your preferred city or neighborhood.