The idea of investing in real estate can appear very intimidating, especially for beginner real estate investors. It is very easy to make mistakes that will cost you lots of time and money. The good news is that you don’t have to figure things out on your own. There are numerous real estate investor websites out there that can provide you with the necessary information and tools to get started. Here are some of the top real estate investor websites to use in 2020:
This is one of the best residential real estate investor websites you can find. Established in 2014, Mashvisor aims at providing real estate investors with property data to help them find traditional and Airbnb investment properties all over the US housing market. The website pulls traditional and Airbnb data from a wide range of real estate investing websites including Zillow, Auction.com, and Airbnb. It then applies industry-leading algorithms to turn that data into useful information for real estate investors. This helps investors save lots of time when looking for and analyzing income properties for sale.
Here are some of the investment property search tools you will find at Mashvisor:
- Real Estate Heatmap – This real estate investment software uses colors and visual cues to show you neighborhoods with the most lucrative traditional and Airbnb rental properties for sale. The map uses colors ranging from red to green. You can analyze a neighborhood using metrics such as rental income, listing price, cash on cash return, and Airbnb occupancy rate.
- Property Finder – This tool uses predictive analytics to help you find the most profitable Airbnb or long-term rental income properties for sale within minutes. You can find properties that fit your objectives in terms of the listing price, property type, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and optimal rental strategy. The Property Finder AI also helps you find properties based on your behavioral patterns, financial patterns, and social patterns.
To start looking for and analyzing the best investment properties in your city and neighborhood of choice, click here.
- Investment Property Calculator – Also referred to as a rental property calculator, an investment property calculator is a tool that is useful for traditional and Airbnb investment analysis. Once you input your financing costs, the calculator will show you what to expect in terms of rental income, expenses, occupancy rate, cap rate, cash on cash return, and cash flow. You will also get access to a list of sales and rental comps for every listing.
- Mashvisor Property Marketplace – If you are looking for off-market properties, the Mashvisor Property Marketplace is the best place to look. You will find cheap investment properties such as auction homes, bank owned homes, short sales, and foreclosures. In case you are selling, you can get your home listed for free in this marketplace and reach thousands of potential buyers.
- Mashboard – This is another great place for finding income properties that are off the market. It allows you to gain access to homeowner data and find out who owns a house. You can narrow down your search using filters and you don’t even need to know the address of a certain property. Rather, you can conduct a property owner search by location to get the data you need to start marketing to homeowners and making offers. You will also be able to get in touch with owners through the platform by sending emails and even email campaigns.
Once you’ve bought a rental property, you will need a tool to help you manage it effectively. SparkRental is the ideal property management software for landlords. Using this software, you can:
- Advertise your rental property on popular real estate investor websites such as Hotpads, Zillow, and Trulia
- Accept rental applications
- Screen applicants
- Manage tenant queries from one place
- Collect rent online
3. Housing Wire
Housing Wire offers investors a wide range of information on different real estate investing topics. Investors can stay informed on real estate market trends by watching videos and downloading whitepapers on proptech and AI. With Housing Wire, you will always be aware of the state of the economy, credit rates, mortgage rates, and existing home sales.
Established in 2004, BiggerPockets is among the real estate investor websites designed for both beginner and expert investors. The site offers content and tools to help real estate investors make the best investing decisions. BiggerPockets offers free content in the form of videos, podcasts, blog articles, and forums. With a community of over 1.7 million members, BiggerPockets is one of the best real estate investor websites for anyone that wants to learn real estate investing.
As the name suggests, Landlordology is a site that offers the best real estate resources and tools for landlords, tenants and property managers. You will find information such as:
- State-specific laws for independent landlords
- Step-by-step guides for independent landlords
- A guide on the phases of renting a home
- A list of the best tools for independent landlords
The site also has a Q&A podcast where different real estate issues are addressed.
The mission of Roofstock is to make ownership of property radically simple, cost-effective, and accessible. The platform allows both new and current investors to evaluate and own investment properties from anywhere in the world. If you don’t want to buy property, Roofstock One allows you to have fractional or whole ownership shares of fully managed income properties.
7. Deal Machine
Deal Machine has made driving for dollars easier by automating real estate prospecting. It comes with a Driving Route Tracking feature which helps you cover an entire area while avoiding driving down the same street twice. Deal Machine also makes it easy for you to send handwritten letters or photo postcards to property owners.
Other sites worth checking out include Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, LoopNet, PeerStreet, REtipster, and Active Rain. The wealth of information and tools contained in the best real estate investor websites will help you make the right decisions and enhance your chances of success.
To learn more about how Mashvisor can help you find profitable investment properties, schedule a demo.