Becoming an Airbnb rental property host is a chance to be creative. That is the major difference between Airbnb rentals and traditional rentals, the creative side that gives you an edge over competitors. As a host of an Airbnb property, the opportunities are endless on how to improve and increase the value of your property in terms of rent or selling price. This is why Airbnb has become such a trend in recent years and the most suitable accommodation option for travelers of all ages and generations.
To get the best investment property requires a lot of planning and analysis. An investment property calculator will give you the property that suits your financial needs the most according to the market. Mashvisor provides you with analytics that will help give an estimated prediction of profits, rents, mortgage rates and expenses in a location that you choose for both Airbnb and traditional properties. What Mashvisor does, is it gives you an analysis in order to choose the best property and decide if listing it on Airbnb or traditionally is more lucrative.
Saving money on your Airbnb rental property can give more room to improve it and be creative in making it unique from other rental properties around you. The creativity in Airbnb rental properties is not limited in the marketing aspect of it. A host can be creative in almost all areas of the listing they offer. Creativity and innovation can be expanded in the following areas, like marketing, technology, appliances, presentation and services.
5 Ways to Revolutionize Your Airbnb Rental Property
- The problem that faces most Airbnb rental property owners is that it requires so much management and time. An owner has to welcome the guest, provide assistance and clean the property. August Smart Lock is a phone app that provides the owner with a way to help owners unlock doors for guests without having to be at the property. It can be done from the comfort of the owner’s home. It’s a remote controlled door unlock-able through a code from the owner. No more waiting for guests to show up or suffocating your schedule even more.
- Providing the guests with entertainment at your Airbnb rental property boosts up your reviews for other guests to see. When owners are renovating and paying for expenses for their properties, they find it hard to add more expenses that are considered luxurious. However, in our world as it is today, they are becoming essentials. Airbnb owners that have added a feature as simple as Netflix have proven that it works, guests talk positively about these things in reviews that boost ratings.
Hire a Professional Photographer
- An Airbnb rental property is like an art masterpiece that you own. It should be displayed in style for users so that it catches their attention and to make them want to stay there. Hiring a photographer will help in doing that because he will use light, shadows and more to showcase your property in a way an investor can’t. Presentation and display of photos on Airbnb is a difference factor for the users without a doubt.Related: 7 Tips to Achieve a High Airbnb Occupancy Rate
Upgrade Your Appliances
- Airbnb guests like to feel at home, there is no question about that. Having appliances that keep up to date with the smart way of life that people have nowadays is important. Smart TVs that are accessible to the Internet are becoming a trend and people use them on a daily basis. As an investor, if you keep upgrading and developing your home then you will most definitely reap the rewards by getting more demand.
- The concept of an Airbnb rental property is obvious BnB stands for Bed and Breakfast. The entire starting campaign of Airbnb focused on providing a bed and breakfast. Providing a daily breakfast for your guests in one form or the other might sound like an unnecessary cost, but in truth, to be different you have to push yourself more. For example, a property that offers breakfast option a suburban area in Florida is more likely to witness more demand than its competitors.
Engage with Guests
- Leaving reviews for your guests or giving feedback to their reviews will provide you with a better host score on Airbnb’s website. That shows your availability to address their needs and demands even at the most unusual times and most importantly, shows care to the comfort of the guests. An Airbnb rental property is dependent on communication skills of its host and their general attitude with users.
Expanding on some of these suggestions is not difficult if you are on your way to becoming an Airbnb host. With time and exposure to guests, addressing their needs and developing a creative sense will become natural for an Airbnb rental property host. Keep the creativity happening and staying on the front foot of your competitors, your uniqueness becomes your way of success.