Real estate investors who are looking to invest in income properties always have one question in mind: “How to find houses for sale near me?” There are numerous ways to find income properties that match your investment goals. Some investors will use the traditional way of searching which can take time. Others will prefer a much easier method. Using Mashvisor to find income properties is the smart and easy way and can save you A LOT of time. As we say, “We turn months of research into 15 minutes.” So follow along as I teach you how to find income properties using Mashvisor.
Hunting for investment properties is a long process. Before anything, you need to research to learn about the different aspects that make up a “profitable” investment property– one that will guarantee a high return on investment. Then you would need to choose the type of property and investment strategy that is suitable to your financial situation. The next step would be finding the “right” location- one that attracts tenants and has high demand. Then you would have to set a budget. How much can you afford to spend? Finally, after this very long process, you would need to make an investment plan and connect with real estate agents who can guide you along the way.
Related: 8 Steps to Finding the Best Income Properties in Any Housing Market
Mashvisor takes this hectic procedure and makes it easy, clear, and comprehensive.
1. Research: Mashvisor provides you with all the necessary resources you need to make your research easier. How?
- We have over 2,000 blogs, guides, and articles concerning every aspect of real estate investing you can ever imagine.
- We have city guides that are full of real estate analytics and statistics that can help you.
- Our account executives are ready to take your calls and answer any questions you have about our product.
2. Type of property and investment strategy: Mashvisor can give you the type of investment property that suits your preferred investment strategy. Mashvisor will give you the stats of each strategy allowing you to base your decision on:
- Traditional vs Airbnb Cap Rate
- Traditional vs Airbnb Cash on Cash Return
- Traditional Rental Income
- Airbnb Nightly Rate of Real Estate Comps
- Airbnb Occupancy Rate
3. Find the best location: With Mashvisor, all you have to do is type in the name of a city, and we will provide you with all the data and analytics that you need. This includes:
- City stats including rental returns, median sale prices, best-performing neighborhoods, etc.
- Neighborhood analytics which includes cap rate, cash on cash return and occupancy rate, along with the best performing properties.
- Heatmap tool which allows you to find the best neighborhoods for income properties based on visual cues and meters for your metrics of choice.
- Property finder tool helps you find the top performing properties within your market of interest based on your investment goals.
The difference between Mashvisor’s heatmap and property finder tool is the amount of time you save searching. With the property finder, you will automatically get the best performing properties in your selected city whereas, with the heatmap, you can compare different neighborhoods to determine the best.
To start looking for and analyzing the best investment properties in your city and neighborhood of choice, click here.
Related: Finding Income Properties Using a Heatmap
4. Setting a budget: Mashvisor helps you find income properties that fall within your target budget.
- Allows you to set a min-max budget range.
- Allows you to use the mortgage calculator to calculate the different expenses.
- Allows you to customize the expenses based on your investment strategy.
5. Make a plan and connect with an agent: Mashvisor’s blogs and tools will help you answer all the questions that are required to formulate your plan.
- What is the most suitable investment strategy for you?
- How do you plan on marketing your property?
- How will you manage your property?
- How will you finance your property?
- What is the best type of property for your investment? And more!
Additionally, we can help you find a real estate agent who can help you out. Our agents are professionals who have years of experience in the business. We will find an agent that serves your location and has the essential knowledge in your area.
Find income properties using Mashvisor’s property finder tool
Mashvisor’s property finder tool helps real estate investors find the best income properties based on their preferences and search criteria. Users can search a city or multiple cities they are interested in. The property finder will let them set their preferences by using different filters. The tool then provides real estate investors with a list of properties that have the highest potential for returns based on their cap rate, cash on cash return and occupancy rate. With Mashvisor’s property finder tool, you can easily find the best real estate investments. Below is a brief explanation of how the property finder is used.
Step 1: Select a city/cities
Users are able to select one city or multiple cities of interest. The tool will provide a list of the best properties for investing according to the user’s search criteria. Moreover, Mashvisor’s property finder tool allows users to set a radius when one city is selected for their search. So you can choose how far or how close you want the property to be from the city center.
Step 2: Set your preferences
As I explained above, our tool allows you to search for income properties suitable for your selected preferences. You can use the filters to set your preferred budget, rental strategy, the number of bedrooms/bathrooms, and investment property type (single family home, multi family home, condo, etc.).
Step 3: The results
The most important part when searching for income properties is the results. Mashvisor’s property finder tool gives you the list of properties with the overall highest rating based on Mashvisor’s data analysis.
Click here to use our Property Finder and find properties in a matter of minutes!
Find income properties using Mashvisor’s heatmap tool
Mashvisor’s heatmap gets straight to the good stuff and tells the investor which locations have the most affordable listing prices, the highest cash on cash returns, Airbnb occupancy rate, and rental income. The heatmap tells the investor all these things based on the rental comps, past performance, and predictive analytics.
Let’s break down the different criteria the heatmap includes, what they mean, and why they’re important when finding income properties.
The heatmap tells investors the locations which have properties in their price range. You can easily find income properties within your budget since the map is color-coded- red indicating low and green indicating high.
Cash on cash return
Cash on cash return lets the real estate investor know how much returns the investment property will make based on how much money is put into the investment. Mashvisor’s heatmap will show you neighborhoods based on high and low cash on cash return. Then, the investment property calculator takes into consideration the method of financing rental properties to determine the cash on cash return as the return on investment metric for an individual investment property.
Read Also: 10 Most Profitable Airbnb Locations for Cash on Cash Return
Determining the rental income of an investment property is an essential part of any successful investment. This is an important feature for our heatmap because most investors spend the majority of their time searching for real estate comps just to find the average rent rates. Now you can quickly find the locations with the highest rental income (Airbnb or traditional).
Airbnb occupancy rate
With any rental property, a real estate investor would ask about occupancy rates. The same goes for Airbnb rentals. Since the rental income from Airbnb is received per stay and not per month like regular rentals, the Airbnb occupancy rate must be determined beforehand. With Mashvisor’s heatmap, you can easily find neighborhoods with high Airbnb occupancy rate.
Finding the best income properties is a crucial aspect of every investor’s success in real estate investing. Trying to search for properties the traditional way can take a lot of time and may not always give you the most accurate results. Mashvisor has an array of tools that can help investors find the best income properties in the best locations.
To start your 14-day free trial with Mashvisor and subscribe to our services with a 20% discount after, click here.