Property management is one of the most lucrative sectors in the real estate business. According to the 5th Annual State of Property Management Report, the property management industry generates over $88 billion per year. The same report reveals that there are more than 280,000 property management firms in the US.
If you are a property manager, you need to be on top of your game in order to survive in this competitive market. One of the best ways to attract clients is by using effective advertising strategies for promoting your property management company. Traditionally, property managers have relied on traditional marketing strategies like direct mail, trade shows, billboards, radio and TV property management advertisements, and property management advertising flyers. While such property management advertising methods might still work, they are not very effective in this digital age.
Benefits of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
Here are some of the advantages of using digital strategies for property management marketing:
- Cost-effective: Property management advertising is one of the greatest expenses your businesses could incur. Traditional marketing methods like TV and radio commercials, newspaper ads, and billboards can be very costly. The good news is that most digital marketing strategies are very affordable, even for small businesses. With only a few hundred dollars, you can reach thousands of prospects all over the US
- Measurable: When you invest cash in a marketing campaign, you would want to know if it was a success. With traditional property management advertising methods, it is very difficult to track the results of your campaign. However, digital marketing allows you to track different metrics for each of your campaigns. This includes conversions, shares, comments, clicks, impressions, just to name a few
- Targeted: Effective marketing requires targeting people that are interested in what you have to offer. Traditional marketing uses a ‘Spray and Pray’ approach where a message is sent to everyone in the hope that it will reach the right people. Digital marketing makes it possible for you to specifically target individuals interested in your company or services
- Adjustable: Another great thing about digital marketing is that you can make adjustments as you go. You can optimize your SEO campaigns, improve your social media ads or edit your blog content as you wish. However, you can’t do much once your billboard is up or flyers are printed
Property Management Advertising Ideas
Now that you know the benefits of digital marketing, here are some property management marketing ideas that you might want to consider for your future campaigns:
As the name suggests, content marketing is a marketing strategy focused on creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to a specific audience with the intention of driving profitable customer action. Content marketing will make you more visible online, boost your domain authority, attract more referral traffic, improve your brand reputation, and creates tighter relationships with your audience.
The first step of content marketing is to clearly define your buyer persona. By understanding your target audience, you can create more valuable and relevant content. Next, decide what kind of content you would want to create. This could be blog posts, case studies, ebooks, infographics, podcasts, or videos. You can brainstorm content topics using tools like BlogAbout, Feedly, BuzzSumo, and HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator. Finally, come up with a plan for publishing and managing your content.
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a property management advertising strategy aimed at improving your site’s search engine ranking in order to attract more organic traffic. There are three main types of SEO that you could consider:
- On-page SEO: This refers to optimizing the content on your site. The first thing you need to do is research and find relevant keywords that you would want to rank for. You can use tools like Soovle, KeywordTool.io, and KWFinder to get tons of keyword ideas. Once you’ve found the right keywords, optimize the content on your site. Don’t forget to optimize your images, meta description, meta titles, and headers as well
- Off-page SEO: This refers to any optimization that happens off your website. The main strategy used in off-page SEO is link building, which is basically the process of getting other sites to link back to yours. You can build quality backlinks by guest posting on relevant blogs or getting listed on online directories
- Technical SEO: This refers to actions conducted to make it easier for search engines to crawl your site. Technical SEO addresses things like mobile friendliness, website speed, and site structure
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is very effective for creating brand awareness, improving brand loyalty, and creating thought leadership. Some of the platforms you could explore include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
Here are the steps for an effective social media marketing campaign:
- Set clear goals: Whether you want to increase brand awareness or increase your followers, you need to be clear about your goals. However, make sure your goals are aligned with your overall business goals
- Research target audience: Learn as much as possible about your target audience. Use factors like spending habits, interests, language, location, age, or average income to create audience personas
- Research competitors: How are your competitors using social media? What strategies are working for them? You can get a lot of ideas by conducting a competitive analysis
- Choose your social media platforms: You don’t have to use every social media platform for your property management advertising campaigns. Researching your target audience will show you which platforms will fit your strategy
- Create engaging content: Content is anything you post, whether a tweet, blog post on LinkedIn, or a Facebook status update. Create a schedule for publishing content regularly on your platforms. And be sure to respond to any comments left by your prospects
If you have some extra funds in your marketing and advertising budget, then you might want to run some paid ads. Here are some of the paid ad options to consider for your property management advertising:
- Display ads: These are visual ads that feature on third-party sites that are related to your business. Display ads could be in form of floating banners, text, static images, popup ads, wallpaper, video, or flash. Such ads are very affordable and allow for behavioral, geographic, or demographic targeting
- Social media ads: These ads can anything from an auto-play video or image to a simple banner. Social media ads are effective because they allow you to target a specific audience. For instance, Facebook targeting options include educational background, gender, region, age, interests, and more.
- Native advertising: Native ads are the sponsored listings that appear on your Facebook feeds or at the end of your blog posts. They could be in the form of search ads, in-feed, promoted listings, or recommendation widgets
- Video ads: How-to or educational videos can be very effective for marketing your business. Besides YouTube, you can upload your videos on other platforms like Vimeo, YuMe, Brightroll, Tremor Video, or even Facebook
Webinar marketing is a great strategy for engaging your audience in real-time. You can host your webinar on platforms such as Webinar Ninja, ReadyTalk, GoToWebinar, and Cisco WebEx. The webinar could either be a Q&A session, panel, presentation, or interview. Once you’ve come up with a topic and date for the webinar, promote it on social media, industry forums, your email signature, or at industry events.
When it comes to marketing for property management, the options are virtually endless. Do your research on the ideas listed above and choose what works best for you. Don’t forget to observe your competitors in order to get an idea of the management advertising examples that have yielded positive results.
Do you have questions about Mashvisor? Read our FAQs and learn about our tools.