Over the years, we have had a lot of debate, discussions, and speculations on whether women are better investors than men, and today, all the data suggests that they indeed are. According to Forbes magazine, women achieve better results, and they generally outperform men in stock exchanges. Over a dozen studies in recent years also stated the fact that women are indeed better at savings than most men. However, on a closer look, we find that women exhibit vital characteristics and promising traits that make them naturally good investors. These include a holistic intent behind their investments, favoring security over potential risks, and exercising a lot of patience. Now that we have established just how impeccable they can be as investors, let’s take a look at some of the best real estate investment options that are ideal for them.
There Are Several Types of Real Estate Investments to Consider
While many would consider that a real estate is simply a piece of land or investment property that you withhold, only a pro can tell you that real estate investments can be quite diverse in their actual nature. Hence to educate you further, here is a quick walkthrough for you to learn more about them:
- MIEs (Mortgage Investment Entities) or more commonly referred to as mortgage pool. They follow a mortgage financing model of business where money can be raised from investors to be made accessible for borrowers. These funds are typically used by borrowers to buy commercial properties, a family’s residence, and projects that are currently under development.
- REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) are available for income-generating properties, such as residential buildings or shopping malls. Public REITs can be found on the stock exchange, and to buy such securities, the real estate investor needs to be eligible for specific requirements as in the case when you apply for a mortgage or short term small business loans.
- LP (Limited Partnerships) is usually undertaken by those who are interested in developing a property first or in dealing directly with already completed real estate properties. LP documentations for real estate can be sophisticated and complex.
- Real estate refers to a person who buys investment properties and generates income by offering it on a rental basis.
- Lastly, we have Syndicated Mortgage Investments, and these are limited to certain localities where only particular authorities are allowed to deal in real estate business. Ontario is a prime example since the FSRA (Financial Services Regulatory Authority) allows only licensed mortgage brokers and agents to engage themselves in any transactions and making deals.
Your Style Does Come Into Play
Not all real estate investors are alike, which is why you can find that each real estate investor or firm has a very unique and diversified set of investment properties within their portfolios. Hence as a woman, we expect that you would have your own choices and decisions to make, which is precisely why your real estate portfolio collection may include a lot of variety. You can very well include the following types of investments according to your preferences:
- Investment properties that need a quick flip are the kinds that only require some fixes to make them exciting propositions for your clients and the right market.
- Monthly rental properties that offer you more reimbursements than your actual fees for operating within the market (positive cash flow properties). With a certain period, rents do appreciate, and this means your property becomes more valuable with each passing year.
- There are also those kinds of investment properties that you might want to hold for a more extended period. The buy and hold investment strategy is considered an excellent strategy, and many fail to follow this through due to fluctuations within the market spooking them out.
- Lastly, there are these new developments that are still in their construction phase. The essence lies in auditing the outlook early on and making an offer to place your bid before anyone else realizes its scope. Hence buying earlier can save you a lot more money in the end.
What the US Housing Market Has to Offer You
The US housing market is enormous because there are around 19,495 registered and incorporated places within the nation. However, to make things easier for you to make an informed decision, here are our top picks that we have enlisted after going through a comprehensive analysis:
- The Jacksonville and Orlando real estate market are amongst the best places to make a good start for yourself. Not only is the employment factor high for both the locations, but properties are also on the rise. The average real estate for Jacksonville and Orlando is around $272,000.
- The Austin real estate market, and why not? Not only are the real estate prospects looking up for the place, but also the year 2020 is already looking extremely promising. There is that lifestyle factor along with the strong economy the city has to offer and high paying jobs created by companies like Apple and Google. As far as our prediction goes, this city is going to be the number one spot for real estate investors for the next five years to come!
- The Research Triangle of North Carolina holds a lot of promises, and the Raleigh-Durham area is where you should initiate your activities. There are a lot of homebuilding prospects, and the performance for real estate in recent years has never been better. With more than 89,000 tech jobs, there is no doubt that your real estate investments will yield you some outstanding returns.
- The Nashville real estate market, which is the capital of US state Tennessee, also makes our list. This place has always been a prime setting for property investors. Not only are unemployment rates as low as 2.6%, but the economy of the city is also durable and diverse. Plus with a high population growth rate and the place serving as a popular tourist destination, there is no doubt you will end up appeasing a lot of customers here.
Well, that is it for now! We hope this post was able to offer you some meaningful insights regarding some of the best real estate investments out there for women. For more questions and queries regarding the topic, please feel free to let us know your feedback in the comment section below. We wish you all the best for future endeavors.
This article has been contributed by Marlene Coleman.