AirDNA is useful—but it is costly and lacks certain features. Check out these AirDNA alternatives to help with your short term rental investments.
With the launch of short term rental platforms like Airbnb, the entire concept of property investments has been redefined. Along with the growing popularity of short term or vacation rentals came the rise of rental analytics tools and platforms, such as AirDNA. AirDNA is a popular tool that claims to help short term rental investors maximize their profits.
Table of Contents
- What Is AirDNA?
- AirDNA Alternative #1: Mashvisor
- AirDNA Alternative #2: AllTheRooms
- AirDNA Alternative #3: Airbtics
- AirDNA Alternative #4: Rabbu
- AirDNA Alternative #5: PriceLabs
- AirDNA Alternative #6: WheelHouse
- AirDNA Alternative #7: Beyond
- AirDNA Alternative #8: KeyData
- Frequently Asked Questions
Most real estate analytics tools available online share the same goal—that is, to help investors find the right investment property that will help them succeed. While the short term rental market is highly lucrative, not all vacation rental investments become successful. To be a profitable investor, you need to know how to find the best short term rental markets to invest in.
If you want to succeed in short term rentals, you should not overlook the prices and features of your competitors. Here’s the thing: If you wish to buy vacation rentals for sale, you’ll first need to look into some reliable Airbnb data. Thorough research and analysis are needed—and it is the only way to ensure that you’re making profitable moves.
Platforms such as AirDNA—and other AirDNA alternatives—can help you with that. In this article, we will check several Airbnb analytics platforms and review their features and pricing to see which one will make the best option. This comparison will help answer your questions as to which tool is right for you.
What Is AirDNA?
Before we discuss the available AirDNA alternatives that you should consider, we need to ensure that you are 100% familiar with what AirDNA is and how it works.
AirDNA is a real estate investment tool that focuses on short term rentals. It aims to provide comprehensive and accurate short term rental data on any property across the globe. The analytics platform is useful for analyzing and comparing vacation rentals listed on Airbnb and VRBO. Studying rental comps can help you make informed investment decisions.
In simpler terms, the platform works by legally looking into your competition. When it comes to investing in vacation rentals, knowing how your competition performs is essential because it can give you an idea of how your investment will also fare. And AirDNA is a tool that can help you track the performance of your potential competitors.
It’s no surprise that AirDNA is one of the leading platforms for short term rental intelligence. According to its website, AirDNA allows you to gather data on the market’s performance and optimize your pricing strategy to become profitable. It also provides tools to help you check the investment potential of properties in your area.
As a real estate investor, gathering insight is crucial when you’re planning to invest in a certain market and grow your short term rental business.
What Are the Features of AirDNA?
Over the last few years, AirDNA has made a significant change to its features. The tools offered by the platform aim to help short term rental investors find the most profitable markets. Those who plan to buy vacation homes for sale might find the said features useful.
1. Overview Page
As the name suggests, the Overview page lists the most important metrics for your market. At the top bar, you will have a quick overview of the Average Daily Rate, Occupancy Rate, Revenue, and Supply and Demand within the area. Users who want to see an in-depth rental analysis of each metric may click on a particular metric on the Overview page.
2. Market Grade Card
You will see the Market Grade card on top of the left corner, which rates the short term rental market from 1 to 100. The higher the rating is, the more favorable the market would be for investors. According to the AirDNA website, the Market Grade is calculated by comparing the performance of a particular market against the top 2,000 Airbnb markets around the world.
Factors That Determine the Market Grade
The Market Grade rating will be determined based on five key factors, such as:
- Rental Demand: This determines the demand for short term rentals in a market. AirDNA considers the annual occupancy and listing growth rates to determine how often rental properties are booked throughout the year. A higher score means there is a higher market demand for short term rentals.
- Revenue Growth: This refers to the increase in revenue earned by vacation rental listings in the market. The score is calculated by comparing the year-over-year revenue for properties that received bookings. A high score means that the revenue growth is good.
- Seasonality: This compares the travel demand between peak and low seasons. The score is the difference between the low and high monthly revenue within a 12-month period. If the score is high, it means that the market has low seasonality.
- Regulation: Not all locations are allowed to operate a short term rental business. This metric considers the short term rental regulations in the market, as well as how heavy the restrictions are. If the score is high, it means that Airbnb laws in the market are favorable and restrictions are low.
- Investability: This metric is applicable to US markets only. It determines whether or not homes in the market will make a good investment. It compares the cost of homes to the average rental income it can earn. A high score means the market has a good investment opportunity.
The Rentalizer is the proprietary term used by AirDNA for its Airbnb profit calculator. It is the flagship tool of the platform, which allows users to determine the potential profitability of a short term rental property. This tool helps estimate the revenue and ROI of a short term rental investment. Users only need to input an address or a zip code and add filters like the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and maximum occupancy.
This feature is essential for hosts and short term rental managers because it shows them what is the best month to earn high revenue. For instance, if the tool shows that the best month for earning revenue is October, users can plan their strategies to maximize their profits. This feature is something that many AirDNA competitors are missing.
5. Smart Rates
Smart Rates is a feature that allows you to set the best nightly rate depending on the season. This helps investors with their vacation rental pricing strategy and it aims to optimize rates, boost revenues, and make the property more profitable. Smart Rates sets the best price based on the market demand, seasonality, competitors’ pricing, and other parameters.
How Accurate Is AirDNA’s Real Estate Data?
According to AirDNA’s website, the platform gets its real estate information from both scraped and partner source data and it believes that it provides accurate information. AirDNA’s two major market data sources are as follows:
- Scraped data: This is sourced from over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo listings from around the world. AirDNA uses a matching algorithm to disregard duplicate listings so that the results will not be exaggerated.
- Partner data: This comes from AirDNA partners, such as hosts, property managers, and channel managers. AirDNA will then find discrepancies between scraped and partner data, and take that into account to provide the most accurate information to its users.
As per AirDNA’s website, it claims that CBRE found AirDNA data for the active supply of vacation rentals to be 97.5% accurate. On the other hand, AirDNA’s information about the revenue earned by short term rental hosts shows a 96.2% accuracy.
While AirDNA’s claim of data accuracy may be true, we also need to consider how often the real estate information is updated. AirDNA updates its database and real estate data once a month, specifically every first week of the month. It can be a drawback because if the information is not frequently updated, we couldn’t trust its accuracy.
Another downside to the way AirDNA collects its data is that it may not show accurate results for short term rental markets with fewer listings. As mentioned, AirDNA collects its data directly from active Airbnb and Vrbo listings, as well as from its partners like channel managers, hosts, and property managers.
It means that markets with more active listings may show better market-level data. In contrast, markets with fewer active listings may not show accurate short term rental analytics results because AirDNA’s data sources are limited.
How Much Does It Cost to Use AirDNA?
If you came here hoping to find free AirDNA alternatives, unfortunately—there are none. On the contrary, many competitors are known to ramp up their prices. In the best-case scenario, you’ll get a free trial that lets you get a feel of the platform before officially deciding to buy a subscription.
That’s one of the main reasons real estate investors should be careful when selecting a suitable Airbnb research tool. AirDNA charges users who need access to its database based on the size of the market. It is one thing that might be a problem for someone new to the real estate market.
It means that the bigger the market you want to access, the higher the price you must pay for an AirDNA subscription. For instance, an investor who lives in a more populated and larger metropolitan area could end up paying a higher price. Also, new investors who have no idea which markets would make a good vacation rental investment could also end up paying higher.
In fact, AirDNA’s pricing setup is one of the reasons why many users find the platform unsatisfactory.
AirDNA Pricing Setup
AirDNA sets up its pricing based on how large the market a user wants to access. Of course, the larger the market, the higher the subscription fee will be. Here are the available pricing tiers found on AirDNA’s website:
- Neighborhood: Starts at $12 per month
- City: Starts at $12 per month
- State: Starts at $179 per month
- Country: Starts at $299 per month
- Global: Starts at $599 per month
The platform also offers Enterprise + Custom Data package that’s ideal for advanced investors, property managers, lenders and underwriters, financial services, and tourism managers. It comes with customized pricing that depends on what the user needs.
Keep in mind that the AirDna pricing mentioned above is the starting amount only. Users who need access to more tools, or may want to expand their search to a bigger market, may need to pay more on top of their subscription fee.
AirDNA Alternative #1: Mashvisor
Mashvisor is a data analysis platform that aims to help real estate investors discover the best property options and ensure a high return on their investments. Since the tool applies to both long term and short term rental investments, investors are not limited to a single investment strategy.
Mashvisor’s software is focused on meeting the needs of real estate investors by providing a range of in-depth market data and rental property analysis. Plus, users can also access a variety of efficient tools needed to analyze any market and investment property.
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect if you decide to choose Mashvisor as your real estate analytics platform:
- Optimization of your rental property strategy and income
- Following and evaluating market performance and growth
- Discovering new investment opportunities, including undervalued properties
- Estimating how much value a property might generate
- Calculating important ROI metrics like cap rate, cash on cash return, and cash flow
Mashvisor offers a wide range of real estate tools that can help you find the best and most profitable investment property based on your personal preferences. The best thing about Mashvisor is that it constantly updates its real estate data, which ensures that the data provided is accurate and up-to-date.
Moreover, Mashvisor does not only provide insights on short term rentals, but covers long term rentals as well. Using Mashvisor allows you to see side-by-side how a particular investment property will perform as a long term rental versus as a short term rental. It allows you to decide which rental strategy is a better option for a specific rental property.
With Mashvisor, you’ll be able to access the following tools that can help you become a successful real estate investor:
1. Property Search
The property search tool is one of the features that are not available with AirDNA. With Mashvisor, you can search for available listings in your chosen location by simply entering your desired neighborhood, city, state, or zip code. Mashvisor will then generate results from hundreds of thousands of listings from various MLS databases and other sources.
What’s more, you can even customize your search results based on your specific filters, such as budget, income, cap rate, cash on cash return, property type, and more. It allows you to easily find the best investment property that matches your criteria and preferences.
When you search for an investment property based on the location that you prefer, you can also use the heatmap feature to easily find a property that matches your preferred filters. For instance, if you want to search for available listings in Tampa, FL, you will see a heatmap on the left side of your screen. Then, you can select your filter to easily find the right match.
Let’s say you choose the Airbnb rental income filter from the heatmap. The map will then highlight the areas based on the Airbnb income. The lighter blue areas highlight means they areas have lower Airbnb income. The darker blue areas highlight means they have higher short term rental income. Then, you can click the area that you prefer.
3. Property Data
Once you find a property that catches your attention, you can simply click on it and you will be directed to a page where you can see the overview of the property data. Mashvisor will show the estimated values of monthly income, occupancy rate, expenses, cash flow, cash on cash return, and cap rate.
What’s more, the values will be shown side by side for long term rental and short term rental strategies. In addition, you can also see the investment payback information for both rental strategies. Plus, you can access the neighborhood comps, so you’ll get an idea how other similar properties within the area perform.
4. Investment Property Calculator
While most real estate platforms offer some kind of investment property calculator, not all of them are created equal. When it comes to the best rental property calculators available online, Mashvisor’s tool is often the cream of the crop. It is because Mashvisor’s calculator is interactive. It allows users to input their figures to get more customized and accurate results.
Users can input their financing information using the mortgage calculator, including the loan amount, mortgage type, downpayment, interest rate, term, and closing costs. It allows users to know how much mortgage they need to pay monthly. The said information is crucial as, most likely, you will get the money for your mortgage from your rental income.
In addition, users can also customize the expenses section in the rental investment calculator. You can add your custom expenses on both monthly and one-time costs as you see fit. Plus, you’ll also be able to adjust the occupancy rate and nightly rate for short term rentals, as well as the occupancy rate and monthly rate for long term rentals.
By adding your custom figures, you can get a more customized and accurate result. You can easily project how much you can make from the property should it be listed as short term rental or used as long term rental.
AirDNA vs Mashvisor: Is Mashvisor Better Than AirDNA?
While AirDNA and Mashvisor have the same goal, which is to help investors find the best investment property, the two platforms have major differences. Let’s take a look at how the two differ from one another:
As mentioned, AirDNA specializes in vacation rental data only. Using the AirDNA platform will only provide you with insights into the short term rental industry. AirDNA offers competitive market insights about short term rental trends, as well as interactive dashboards and custom reporting. The good news is that AirDNA covers a vast amount of vacation rentals worldwide.
Unlike Mashivor—which specializes in investment opportunities—AirDNA focuses primarily on vacation rental investors. Such investors want to understand, analyze, and keep up with the current trends in the short term rental industry and focus on increasing their revenue.
With Mashvisor, users can also access information related to long term rental strategies. It gives investors the option to study the long term market as well. If the numbers tell that the property will be more profitable as a long term rental, they have options.
Moreover, there’s a difference in how AirDNA and Mashvisor obtain their data—and based on accuracy, Mashvisor comes out on top as the more accurate source. Mashvisor’s tool relies on medians and verified Airbnb listings—eliminating outliers—and pulls data directly from the MLS. With this, even markets with fewer listings can also be accurately analyzed.
In addition, Mashvisor’s database is constantly updated. You can rely on the freshness of Mashvisor’s real estate data because the information is updated in almost real-time. Unlike AirDNA, the information is only updated once a month, which makes the information not as reliable as it should be.
Real Estate Tools
With Mashvisor, you can search for available properties for sale based on your chosen location and other custom filters. On the other hand, AirDNA does not allow you to do a property search. AirDNA only lets you search for properties if you already know their addresses. Whereas, Mashvisor’s search engine lets you search for available listings across the entire market.
Another difference with tools is that Mashvisor’s Airbnb calculator offers all metrics needed to get a more accurate ROI estimate. The tool also acts as a cap rate calculator and cash on cash return calculator. Also, Mashvisor’s tool provides a mortgage calculator that allows you to take your financing plans into account.
Mashvisor offers a 7-day free trial so users can try the full services the platform can offer. On the other hand, AirDNA only offers a free version of their MarketMinder and Rentalizer tools. It does not offer a full free trial version of the entire platform.
Do you want to have hands-on experience with Mashvisor? Start a 7-day free trial today.
AirDNA Alternative #2: AllTheRooms
Similar to AirDNA, AllTheRooms also provides real estate data and insights into short term rental markets. The platform helps investors assess any short term rental market to determine the ROI potential of an investment property. It allows investors to identify the profitability of a market and optimize pricing based on competitors’ performance.
AllTheRooms features tools that can help users find the best market for vacation rentals, including:
- Market Intelligence: This feature provides the data necessary to make an informed decision, such as average daily rates, occupancy rates, and revenue. The information users can get is broken down by location and property type.
- Property Score: This feature provides a personalized property score for a vacation rental based on the bookings, revenue, and reviews of all other vacation rentals in the area.
- Competitive Intelligence: This helps investors track the performance of their investment property. It also identifies areas for improvement and compares a property against its competition to identify any competitive gaps.
The platform allows users to add filters to their search so they can get a more optimized result.
It offers four types of pricing plans, which will depend on the users’ needs:
- Free version: It includes 100 active listings per market, three months of historical data, one week of future data, average daily rates, and provider and property type filters.
- Basic plan: Priced at $19 per month, the plan includes 12 months of historical data, one month of future data, all historical listings, all metrics, and precision filters.
- Pro version: Priced at $49 per month, this plan includes 49 months of historical data, six months of future data, all historical listings, all metrics, precision filters, and CSV data downloads.
- Enterprise version: Designed for companies that need customized listings by city, region, or country, as well as granular property-level data. The price is not disclosed on the platform’s website. Investors who want the Enterprise version need to contact the website to get customized pricing based on their needs.
AirDNA vs AllTheRooms
Both AirDNA and AllTheRooms platforms allow investors to analyze data about short term rental markets. They do not include long term rental strategies with their analytics. In addition, both platforms do not offer a property search option that lets investors find listings that are available for sale.
In terms of pricing, the plans offered by AllTheRooms are much more affordable compared to AirDNA. Also, AllTheRooms offers a free trial version with easy cancellation, allowing investors to see whether or not the platform is right for them during the trial period. However, AirDNA offers a more in-depth data insight compared to AllTheRooms.
AirDNA Alternative #3: Airbtics
Airbtics is another short term rental analytics platform that aims to help investors maximize their returns. According to its website, Airbtics will analyze multiple markets around the world. It also provides investors with a complete overview of the market, including its trends, daily rate, occupancy rate, booking patterns, and seasonality.
Airbtics, similar to most other short term rental analytics platforms, offers features that allow users to study the performance of a vacation rental market, such as:
- Short Term Rental Market Analysis: This allows investors to analyze multiple markets from around the world, understand the market trends, and access essential data like occupancy rate, average daily rate, and seasonality.
- Airbnb Calculator: The Airbnb investment calculator lets you see your estimated annual revenue from an Airbnb property. You need to input the address of the property, the property type, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and whether it has a pool or not.
- Historical Performance Data: Airbtics also features historical performance data based on the type of property and neighborhood that you analyze, This information can help you avoid unprofitable markets and property types.
Airbtics currently offers three different plans. The prices indicated on its website are on a per-month basis. However, according to the website, users can enjoy around 40% to 45% off if they choose to pay for yearly subscriptions instead of monthly plans.
- 1 Market: Priced at $74 per month, this plan lets you analyze one market only.
- 5 Markets: The most popular plan on the platform, this is priced at $149 per month and lets you access up to five markets.
- 30 Markets: Priced at $599 per month, users who subscribe to this plan can access up to 30 markets.
It’s worth noting that all plans include access to property-level data, historical performance data, Airbnb income estimator, future bookings data, weekly data updates, and guest demographics. All plans also include a 15-day money-back guarantee.
AirDNA vs Airbtics
Both AirDNA and Airbtics allow users to analyze vacation rentals from across the globe. Similar to AirDNA, Airbtics does not include long term rentals in their analyses. Based on the pricing plans, Airbtics is a lot pricier compared to AirDNA.
AirDNA focuses on market research and analysis so that investors will know which market is optimal for vacation rentals. On the other hand, Airbtics provides data and insights into the vacation rental market that helps investors optimize their properties and increase bookings.
AirDNA Alternative #4: Rabbu
Rabbu is a vacation rental company that aims to assist investors in finding, operating, and selling their short term rental properties. The online platform lets its users view the financial analysis of each vacation rental and access in-depth market data of any short term rental market in the US. It also provides short term rental management services.
Rabbu offers the following services:
- Property Acquisition: The platform helps investors find the best rental market for vacation properties across the U.S. by providing market data, revenue estimates, and custom-underwritten on-market properties. Rabbu offers a 7-day free trial period for this particular service.
- Property Management: Rabbu also offers full-service, short term rental management to vacation rental hosts nationwide. It provides rental readiness support, expedited onboarding assistance, 24/7 guest support before and during their stays, and financial reporting. Rabbu handles the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Property Disposition: Rabbu also serves investors who sell their short term rental properties. With a network of over 30,000 engaged investors, users can enjoy shorter selling periods and days on the market.
Rabbu does not disclose its pricing on its website. The Property Acquisition software offers a free trial period; however, there is no information as to how much it costs after the trial period ends. Investors who need the Property Management and Disposition services, the fee will depend on the market and portfolio. They should contact Rabbu for the cost estimates.
AirDNA vs Rabbu
Both AirDNA and Rabbu focus on the short term rental markets. While AirDNA is focused more on providing data and analytics necessary for making the right vacation rental investment, Rabbu offers more than just that.
Rabbu offers services that may be useful throughout the investor’s journey, including property management and disposition. AirDNA does not offer any property management services, and it also does not assist investors who plan to sell their short term rentals.
AirDNA Alternative #5: PriceLabs
PriceLabs is a short term rental platform that provides a dynamic pricing system based on the prevailing rental demand. It helps owners price their vacation rentals reasonably, depending on the seasonality of the business. It allows short term rental owners to maximize their income during peak season and achieve a good occupancy rate during the low season.
According to its website, PriceLabs offers three products for short term rental owners:
- Dynamic Pricing: This tool allows users to automate their rental rates based on market data and listing performance. The platform analyzes the listings and provides daily rate recommendations based on factors like the base price, seasonality, day-of-week trends, holiday and event pricing adjustments, and lead time adjustments.
- Portfolio Analytics: This is a real-time reporting system that analyzes the performance of the business. It includes important information such as monthly revenue and length of stays. Through the reports, short term rental owners can get an overview of how their business performs, allowing them to make important decisions.
- Market Dashboards: This feature provides actionable market insights to help users make better pricing decisions. It also compares the performance of the investor’s property against the market, as well as analyzes markets and properties that are good for investment.
PriceLabs offers a 30-day free trial for their services. Its pricing setup will depend on the type of service that you need.
- Portfolio Analytics: This is a free feature that lets you analyze your property’s performance. Users only need to add their listings to use this feature for free.
- Dynamic Pricing: The price for this feature starts at $19.99 per month for one listing. It offers a volume discount if the user has more than one listing.
- Market Dashboards: The price for this tool starts at $9.99 per month.
AirDNA vs PriceLabs
PriceLabs is focused on helping users set the right price for their short term rentals. On the other hand, AirDNA also offers the same functionality through its Smart Rates feature. PriceLab’s dynamic pricing tool provides users with automated rates based on several factors, including seasonality and market demand. AirDNA’s tool also does the same.
However, AirDNA offers more functionalities compared to PriceLabs, and this is one of the reasons why many users prefer the former. With AirDNA, users can get more insights about a short term rental market on top of the best rates for a particular season.
AirDNA Alternative #6: WheelHouse
Wheelhouse is another analytics and dynamic pricing tool designed for short term rentals. According to its website, the platform claims that it helps users to earn up to 40% more revenue with its products and features. Similar to PriceLabs, WheelHouse is also focused on setting the right nightly rate for vacation rentals to help hosts optimize their listings.
WheelHouse features three types of products, including:
- Dynamic Pricing: This pricing tool caters to any type of users, including hosts, vacation rental owners, and property managers. It provides personalized recommendations on the best rate for your short term rental. It allows you to adjust settings, including the base price, minimum stays, and weekend and seasonality adjustments.
- Market Reports: This feature works like the MarketMinder tool of AirDNA. It allows users to look up a market by city, and it will generate a report that shows important data. The information includes active listings, occupancy rates, nightly rates, and estimated revenues. It can help users decide if such a market will make a good investment or not.
- Comparable Sets: Named as WheelHouse’s most comprehensive tool according to its website, this feature lets users analyze the competition to know how their investments are doing against the market. It allows you to compare your monthly performance, both historically and the projected future performance.
WheelHouse’s pricing plans are designed for portfolios of different sizes. It offers two options:
- Pro Flex: Charges 1% of the revenue, with a minimum monthly fee of $2.99. This price does not include taxes or other fees.
- Pro Flat: Starts at $19.99 per listing per month. It offers a discounted rate for volume listings as follows:
- $16.99 per listing per month for 10 to 49 listings
- $13.99 per listing per month for 50 to 100 listings
If you have over 100 listings, you may contact the website for a customized pricing
AirDNA vs WheelHouse
Similar to PriceLabs, both AirDNA and WheelHouse help short term rental owners decide what to charge to guests based on seasonality, market demand, and booking patterns. However, AirDNA provides more functions, such as a comprehensive market analysis that helps investors determine if the market is optimal for investing in vacation rentals.
Price-wise, WheelHouse’s pricing setup is a bit expensive, especially if you own a lot of listings. While AirDNA’s pricing setup is also on the pricey side, at least it doesn’t charge on a per-listing basis. Moreover, you can access AirDNA’s Smart Rates for your listing if you paid for a subscription.
AirDNA Alternative #7: Beyond
Beyond is marketed as a revenue management solution designed to help vacation rental owners and property managers grow their profits. Like PriceLabs and WheelHouse, Beyond also offers a dynamic, demand-driven pricing tool that helps owners price their rentals correctly. It also includes other useful functions, such as like listing synchronization and booking website building.
Beyond is a platform that offers more functionalities beyond pricing. Users can access the following services:
- Dynamic Pricing: This tool automatically adjusts your rental rates to maximize your income and opportunities. It uses several factors to determine the right price for a short term rental, including local demand, seasonality, and day of the week.
- Relay: This feature allows you to synchronize your listings across different platforms like Airbnb and Vrbo. With synchronized availability and rates, you can organize your bookings more seamlessly.
- Signal: This feature is something that most other platforms don’t offer. Beyond allows you to build a direct booking website, and this feature optimizes the site to allow guests to find your booking website easily.
- Insights: Similar to most other short term rental platforms, Beyond also offers vacation rental insights about the local market and your competitors. It helps you evaluate your property’s performance and make informed business decisions as needed.
- Guidance: Beyond users will have access to a team of experts to help with pricing strategy and other factors that can maximize returns and stay ahead of the competition.
Beyond offers three different pricing plans, as follows:
- Free Version: You can access the Insights feature for free, including real-time dashboard analytics, listing performance insights, and competitor and market insights.
- Insights & Dynamic Pricing Plan: Charges 1% of your revenue. This plan includes all reports under the Insights feature, as well as access to automated pricing.
- Custom Plan: This plan is best for property managers with more than 10 portfolios. It includes a revenue management platform, as well as Insights and Dynamic Pricing. For the price of this plan, you need to contact the website.
AirDNA vs Beyond
The main difference between AirDNA and Beyond is that the latter includes functions that allow its users to synchronize their listings across several booking platforms. Plus, it also offers a website optimization tool that helps users build their own booking website.
Both AirDNA and Beyond have the capabilities to analyze short term rental market data and provide dynamic pricing strategies. However, Beyond also provides access to revenue management consultants to help vacation rental owners maximize their ROIs. In contrast, AirDNA offers a tool that’s designed to evaluate potential properties, which is what Beyond lacks.
AirDNA Alternative #8: KeyData
Another AirDNA competitor when it comes to market data and analytics is KeyData. The platform provides historical and forward-looking data in real-time to help property owners track and improve their performance. It caters to short term rentals, hostels, and hotels. It also offers products designed for tourism organizations and large enterprises.
KeyData offers several products and tools that can help lodging and hotel providers, vacation rental hosts, tourism organizations, and business owners maximize their ROIs. Among the said features are the following:
- Vacation Rental Performance Data: This tool provides an overview of how your investment is performing through an intuitive, real-time dashboard.
- Custom Comp Sets: This feature allows you to build customized, competitive rental sets for your listings so you can monitor daily pricing and availability on Airbnb and VRBO. It also allows you to see how your listings fare compared to your competitors.
- Rental Projections: Backed by actual market data, these projections can help vacation rental owners save time by not having to perform competitive analysis on their own. With real-time rental values, users will not only save time but also improve their rates and returns.
- DemandIQ: This tool analyzes real-time, forward-looking traveler demand data. The analysis is based on when guests are searching on your website, where guests are coming from, and how guests are booking for stays.
KeyData does not disclose its pricing plans on its website. It is the only real estate platform on this list that does not have pricing plans on its website. If you want to learn more about their pricing, you may need to schedule a demo through KeyData’s website, and a representative will get in touch with you for more information.
AirDNA vs KeyData
Both AirDNA and KeyData offer in-depth insights into vacation rental markets and property performance. Keydata gathers information from multiple sources; however, they do not indicate where the platform really gets its data from. AirDNA, on the other hand, is transparent about its data sources, as well as its pricing plans.
In addition, KeyData does not specifically indicate on its website if it offers a dynamic pricing tool that helps investors set the right rental rate. On the other hand, AirDNA offers the Smart Rates feature, which does just that. However, KeyData caters to a wider audience, as it provides other products and services for hotels, hostels, and even tourism organizations.
Conclusion: Mashvisor Is the Best AirDNA Alternative
Today’s real estate investors are met with a wide range of opportunities. However, when it comes to finding the best real estate platform, you need to consider what each platform can offer, as well as its most notable advantages and disadvantages. Most of all, you must consider their pricing plans and whether a free trial period is offered.
We can conclude with certainty that not everyone is after the same goal, but what unites the different AirDNA alternatives that we’ve listed above is the possibility of increasing your income. By using various tools—from in-depth data analysis to automating day-to-day operations—you can streamline your processes and optimize your results.
Airbnb hosts and property managers can utilize a range of AirDNA alternatives depending on what they need. But if you’re looking for the best AirDNA alternative, nothing can top Mashvisor. Mashvisor is a one-stop shop when it comes to real estate investment platforms. It provides almost all the tools that are needed to become a profitable rental property investor.
With its ability to search for properties for sale, Mashvisor helps investors easily find the right investment that matches their criteria and preferences. This feature is not always available with its competitor platforms. In addition, since Mashvisor provides both long term and short term rental analysis, users can easily find the best strategy for a particular investment property.
Let’s not forget about the rental investment calculator of Mashvsior, which is unique in many ways. Mashvisor’s calculator provides all the necessary data about the property to help investors decide whether it would make a good investment or not. Plus, you can optimize your results by customizing the figures in the calculator.
See and experience how Mashvisor works. To get access to our real estate investment tools, sign up for a 7-day free trial of Mashvisor today, followed by 15% off for life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the following responses to the most common questions regarding AirDNA and its alternatives:
How Accurate Is AirDNA?
According to AirDNA’s website, the data provided by AirDNA matches Airbnb’s with 94.9% accuracy. It also matches Vrbo’s data with 98.7% accuracy. However, it’s important to note that AirDNA only updates its data once a month, which might significantly affect its freshness and accuracy.
How Much Does AirDNA Cost?
AirDNA offers several pricing plans that will depend on how large the market you want to access. Its lowest plan starts at $12 per month, which allows access to neighborhood- or city-level data. If you want to access data on a state level, it charges at least $179 per month. For country-level and global data, you need to pay $299 and $599 per month, respectively.
What Are the Best AirDNA Alternatives?
Based on our list above, the best AirDNA competitor is Mashvisor. Mashvisor offers a comprehensive market analysis while allowing users to find a property for sale based on their chosen location. Mashvisor provides a number of tools necessary for making the right investment decision, and it also provides analytics for both long term and short term rental strategies.
Is Mashvisor Better Than AirDNA?
Yes, Mashvisor is way better than AirDNA in many ways. For one thing, Mashvisor lets you search for an investment property for sale—and this tool is not available with AirDNA. Also, it provides a real estate ROI calculator that lets you input your own figures to get accurate results. Plus, it analyzes both long term and short term strategies to see which one is the best option.