Software like PropStream and PropertyRadar modernize real estate businesses. Find out which one is better as we check PropertyRadar vs PropStream.
Are you a real estate agent, property owner, or a “rentrepreneur”? Then, you must be familiar with all the difficulties related to manually searching for great properties to invest in. At some point, everyone wants to start automating common business processes and get access to important real estate data.
Table of Contents
- What Is PropertyRadar?
- What Is PropStream?
- PropStream vs PropertyRadar: Pros and Cons
- The Best Alternative to PropertyRadar and PropStream
Real estate software has become a necessary tool for real estate agencies, enterprises, startups, and individuals. As of November 2022, Data Bridge Market research shows that the market for this type of software is projected to grow at 9.8% from 2021 to 2028.
That said, such types of software have made modern real estate investing a lot easier. Real estate websites and apps, like PropertyRadar, PropStream, and Mashvisor, have all helped make investing accessible to regular investors.
In this article, we will do a comparison and review of two real estate software solutions—PropertyRadar vs PropStream. We will also talk about what Mashvisor offers investors as an alternative to the two apps. Let’s investigate to find out how these can make your work easier.
What Is PropertyRadar?
To kick off our PropertyRadar vs PropStream comparison, the first real estate software we’re about to examine under our magnifying glass is PropertyRadar.
This SaaS platform was created to help commercial and residential real estate investors find the best investment property for sale. It is also designed to help them understand how to invest in real estate and maximize their ROI.
PropertyRadar provides robust data about property owners and properties. Simply put, it allows users to do the following:
- Search for property
- Get detailed property data
- Use maps for relevant real estate markets
- Build lists of properties
- Market to the lists they have created
- Connect with others via the platform
The platform pulls its data from public records, then analyzes and streamlines it into relevant information you can use to make data-informed decisions.
How Does PropertyRadar Work?
Once you’re signed up and logged into the platform, you can find properties by RadarID, APN, or a “nearby” function, which helps you find an investment property in the area you’re in. As for property owners, you can locate them with a name, phone number, mailing address, email, or company.
PropertyRadar relies on heatmaps to help you visually find opportunities in your local real estate market. You may use the following criteria to filter your search:
- Homes in different price brackets
- Estimated value
- Owner’s age
While the first two are quite common filters in property search sites, the last one can be useful in finding something good in retirement communities.
Users can build lists of hundreds of potential real estate investment deals and clients once they find the real estate data they’re looking for.
PropertyRadar Feature Overview
PropertyRadar has several features, from providing property data to allowing app integrations.
PropertyRadar provides information on each of the following:
- Property’s characteristics
- Equity and value
- Mortgage and loan
- Legal description
- Property taxes
- Parcel boundary
- Property tax delinquencies
You can see the property’s market listing history and prices, comparable properties in the area, and whether the property is for sale, in foreclosure, or owner-occupied.
The platform also provides detailed owner information, as well as insights into each community. The data provided also includes housing statistics, the environment, demographic information, housing risks, and neighbors.
However, those interested in investing in short-term rental properties won’t get the necessary information because PropertyRadar doesn’t pull the data from its database. We will talk about where to acquire short-term rental information and data later on.
Users can identify real estate investment opportunities in their local markets using the platform’s Heat Map feature. When they find the perfect location with lots of opportunities, users can mark a group of properties they’re interested in using the Draw tool or manually selecting it.
By being able to apply more than 200 criteria, users are able to customize and narrow down their search. The Heat Map offers various view formats, and users can see a quick summary of the data about each property they select.
- Lists. Add each investment property you like to a list, which you can further segment to create marketing campaigns. You can also connect with people on that list, set up automation and alerts on the properties, and perform niche targeting. You can use the lists for lead management, contact management, email marketing, creating property profiles, etc.
- Quick lists. These are pre-populated lists you can use to narrow your search down quickly. For example, if you’re looking to make a quick property buy, click on the Quick Lists tab, choose your investor criteria, and select properties from the list of options.
- View lists in various ways. You can choose between:
- Card view – Shows a card of information for each property;
- Grid view – Shows the information as simple text in a list;
- Split view – Shows the map with real estate properties and owner data; and,
- Map view – Shows properties displayed on a map.
Whether you’re a real estate wholesaler, house flipper, or investor in rental property, you must market your listing to sell or rent it out.
The platform comes with a useful marketing feature. You can export your property lists to 123 fields (including email, direct mail, voice, online ads, etc.) and build and automate a direct mail marketing campaign.
The PropertyRadar real estate app is GPS-enabled, which means it allows you to view the area you’re interested in buying a property and find potential deals. You can use it to find data such as property type, ownership, and estimated equity and value. You can also check whether it is listed for sale and find vacancy information, foreclosure, and the owner’s age.
PropertyRadar can integrate with more than 2,000 apps, platforms, and services, like Zapier. The integration allows you to create your marketing and CRM material, as well as automate business processes and marketing campaigns for more seamless and quicker use.
For our PropStream vs PropertyRadar comparison, this is the part that interests potential users the most. There are three PropertyRadar pricing options, which include:
- Essential. The Essential plan will cost you $49 per month (but you get a $120 discount on an annual prepay). With this package, you can use all the features at a standard level. However, it provides less data than the Complete and Custom packages. You are also not allowed to integrate with other apps or add people to your team.
- Complete. For $79 per month (and a $240 discount if you pay for the whole year at once), you get the Complete package. The data you get with this package is much more robust and detailed.
- Custom. The Custom package enables you to structure your package the way you want. You get all the features at a premium level and have the option of contacting the company about some of them.
Once you sign up for the service, you get a free three-day PropertyRadar free trial (Essential or Complete package) to test the platform. If you aren’t interested, you can cancel your trial anytime within those three days (according to PropertyRadar pricing rules).
What Is PropStream?
We continue our PropertyRadar vs PropStream comparison and review, so let’s focus on Propstream.
PropStream is another real estate software solution for investors, house flippers, renters, and anyone who needs to obtain and analyze large amounts of real estate data. It is equipped with some excellent features that can cover your data needs, but also comes with a few nice marketing tools.
PropStream allows users to create website landing pages, email campaigns, voice mail campaigns, and postcards.
Even though it can be useful for different user profiles, real estate investors still get the most benefits. With the huge amount of data it offers, PropStream enables investors to quickly find great investment opportunities and evaluate them.
PropStream Feature Overview
PropStream offers detailed information, trends, and analytics on investment properties, such as:
- Property details
- MLS details
- Foreclosure details
- Mortgage information
- Tax information
- Comparable property listings
- Owner details
- Transaction details
Targeted Property Lists
PropStream allows you to create several lists of lucrative properties that meet the specific criteria that you’re looking for. You’ll receive a notification every time a new property that matches your criteria gets listed.
When searching for different types of off-market properties that are still unlisted, you can filter for different criteria, such as:
- Involuntary liens
- Auctions and vacant homes
- Cash buyers
- Liens vs. free and clear properties
- Expired listings
- High equity
With such detailed and robust data, investors can create lists of warm leads and use them to craft targeted marketing campaigns.
Property Database (Nationwide Data)
This feature allows you to search for an investment property for sale using a wide range of criteria. The thing is that you can filter out a great variety of data and get pretty granular with your search. This function attracts real estate investors interested in buying properties located outside their immediate area.
Property Deal Analyzer
The app also allows you to find in-depth information about the investment and transaction process of a deal with its Property Deal Analyzer. It can help you calculate the following:
- Total purchase price
- Mortgage analysis
- Mortgage amount
- Projected rental income
- Property expenses
- Tax information and deductions
- Cash flow
This feature benefits anyone interested in buying houses in poorer conditions (which are usually sold below market value). House flippers can benefit most from this tool because it helps them calculate the rehab costs and final price of the house. After conducting their analysis with the Rehab Estimator, users can see whether they would profit and how much.
Save property addresses to a list, and you can:
- Search by type of rehab
- Decide on a smaller rehabbing job or a complete one
- Get estimated cost for the work, as a DIY project, or for a professional to deal with the rehab
- Choose materials
PropStream uses combined data pulled from county recordings and multiple listing services. It helps you figure out property values by comparing average values of similar properties around. You can change different variables in this feature, such as:
- Number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Date range
- Square footage
- Last sale date
- Distance from the subject property
With PropStream, you can do your whole direct mailing and prospecting campaigns directly from the platform. You can create custom landing pages, and send postcards via direct mail, voicemails, and automated emails.
PropStream offers the Deal Analyzer feature to help determine how profitable your deal might be. This tool allows you to view all available property data that will show (with as much certainty as possible) whether a property is a smart investment.
PropStream also offers its own real estate app that you can download and use on your phone. You can easily access all the platform’s features using the app, even if you’re on the go.
Those interested in testing the platform get a seven-day PropStream free trial. When signing up, you need to enter your payment information.
PropStream pricing is set at $99 a month, while add-ons like Mobile Scout, Marketing Tools, List Automator, and Team Member can be purchased additionally. Some of these features are only available at a per-use cost.
If you aren’t interested in using the platform, be sure to cancel your PropStream trial before it ends. Otherwise, you will be charged automatically according to PropStream’s pricing policy.
PropStream vs PropertyRadar: Pros and Cons
It’s time to finish our PropStream vs PropertyRadar comparison with an overview of the pros and cons of both platforms.
- You are not tied into a long-term contract, so you can cancel anytime.
- You can explore the platform and its features, thanks to the three-day free trial. It’s an excellent opportunity to understand what you’re paying for.
- You get access to robust and detailed data that can help you bring data-driven investment decisions. This saves a lot of time and effort.
- The data you get is accurate because it is updated in real-time.
- You can get property owner data and connect with them.
- Compared to other platforms, PropertyRadar is not as user-friendly. But if you need assistance, it does provide some handy explainer videos.
- Your access to PropertyRadar features is limited unless you opt for the most expensive package.
- There is no free version of the platform; only paid packages are available. In order to get access to any of the features, you must sign up and start paying.
- Target sellers across the US by sending postcards, voicemails, and emails.
- Get important information for your budgeting decisions with the Rehab Estimator.
- Make important investment decisions, thanks to the Deal Analysis Wizard.
- Get to know the platform and its features, thanks to the PropertyRadar free trial. As for the pricing, $99 per month is below the pricing of their main competitors.
- When it comes to full pricing information, the platform lacks transparency. You can get this info only after you sign up.
- They offer explainer videos on their website, but they appear more sales-y than explainers because they lack a bit of depth.
- Steep learning curve.
- The automated voicemail feature (Robocall) may not help you much in boosting your conversions.
- There is a limit of 10,000 data saves and exports. You’ll need to upgrade if you want more.
The Best Alternative to PropertyRadar and PropStream
As we’ve pointed out in this PropertyRadar vs Propstream article, both have certain features that empower and limit investors like yourself. So, for this section, we will take a look at the better alternative to the two.
Mashvisor: The Best Alternative to End the PropertyRadar vs PropStream Debate
Mashvisor is a powerful platform that comes with its own set of unique tools that are unmatched in the real estate software market. The platform can be used to find all types of long-term rental properties, short-term rental properties, and off market properties. Are you looking for a single-family home or duplex for sale? Mashvisor has you covered.
Investment Property Calculator
For example, Mashvisor’s investment property calculator is the perfect tool for investors in either long- and short-term rentals because it provides valuable occupancy and rental data. It enables users to compare long-term and short-term rental strategies for each location.
You can also use it to create the best pricing strategy for your short-term rentals and optimize your long- and short-term rental income. You get the key data points necessary for calculating nightly rates, for example.
The data varies across cities and their neighborhoods across the country, and you can get even more detailed location-specific data to help you find the best deal.
When performing property analysis, calculation errors occur because people tend to overestimate their revenue and underestimate expenses.
Mashvisor’s Property Analysis feature requires you to develop a spreadsheet of probable expenses, profits, and cash flows. Our model populates revenue figures from real-time and accurate data to estimate costs based on averages from existing comparable properties. It minimizes the occurrence of critical errors, which consequently increases investor confidence.
As far as short-term rentals are concerned, you can get fresh information from Mashvisor on the vacation rental industry, including:
- Number of short-term rental listings
- Daily rate
- Monthly rental income
- Cash on cash return
- Occupancy rate
The information provided is necessary to determine net operating income, cap rate, rates of return, etc.
To start looking for and analyzing the best investment properties in your city and neighborhood of choice, click here.
Cap Rate Calculator
Cap rate (short for capitalization rate) is one of the key metrics of the rate of return on commercial real estate and residential rentals. Using Mashvisor’s Cap Rate Calculator is especially beneficial to beginners who don’t know much about how to invest in real estate.
Besides the 7-day free trial, the prices of our packages make the platform one of the most cost-effective real estate software solutions. Here are Mashvisor’s pricing plans:
- Lite Plan. At only $17.99, Mashvisor’s most affordable plan already allows you to access both long-term and short-term rental data, ROI estimates, and investment opportunity scores.
- Standard Plan. Mashvisor’s Standard Plan lets users enjoy all of Lite Plan’s benefits with a few add-ons, such as access to rental comps and the ability to export up to 10 rental comp data per month. It also allows you to perform neighborhood data analytics and compare similar properties side by side. You get more bang for your buck at $49.99 a month.
- Professional Plan. Mashvisor’s most-stacked plan comes with a price tag of $74.99 per month and gives you everything the Standard Plan offers. For $74.99, you get access to all the features and enjoy direct telephone access to our customer service team for assistance.
With everything Mashvisor has to offer, you get more value for your money compared to PropertyRadar or PropStream. If you want a platform that meets your investment needs, then you should try out Mashvisor.
To learn more about how Mashvisor can help you find profitable investment properties, sign up for a 7-day free trial followed by a discount of 15% for life.
Wrapping It Up
A big part of your responsibilities as a real estate investor is to perform due diligence. When we speak of due diligence, we mean doing your homework on the market of your choice and making sure it is a profitable investment opportunity. However, it also involves looking for the right tools that will help you make the right investment decisions.
One such tool is Mashvisor. Thousands of investors have already benefited from its handy features and highly-accurate real estate data. Features like the Property Search tool, real estate heatmap, and investment property calculator have allowed countless investors to find the right investment properties that line up with their goals.
On top of its tools, Mashvisor offers you more value for what you’re paying for. At this point, it’s no longer just a debate about PropertyRadar vs PropStream. It’s more about how Mashvisor is the better overall alternative to both, making it a very practical tool for real estate investors.
Want to know more about how Mashvisor works for real estate investing? Click here to schedule a demo.