Software like PropStream, PropertyRadar, and Mashvisor enable investors, thereby modernizing real estate businesses. But which one is the best?
Are you a real estate agent, property owner, or a “rentrepreneur”? Then you must be acquainted with all the pains brought by manual tasks of searching for great properties to invest in. At some point, everyone wants to start automating common business processes and get access to important real estate data.
Real estate software has become a necessary tool for real estate agencies, enterprises, startups, and individuals. A recent Data Bridge Market research shows that the market for this type of software is projected to grow at a market rate of 8.9% from 2020 to 2027.
In this article, we will do a comparison and review of two real estate software solutions—PropertyRadar vs PropStream. Let’s investigate to find out how these can make your work easier.
The first real estate software we’re about to examine under our magnifying glass is PropertyRadar. This SaaS platform is created to help commercial and residential real estate investors find the best investment property for sale and understand how to invest in real estate and maximize ROI.
The platform provides robust data about property owners and properties—it allows users to search for property, get detailed data on it, use maps for relevant real estate markets, build lists of properties, market to the lists they have created, and connect with others via the platform. PropertyRadar pulls its data from public records, then analyzes and streamlines it into relevant information you can use to make data-informed decisions.
How Does PropertyRadar Work?
Once you’re signed up and logged into the platform, you can find properties by RadarID, APN, or a “nearby” function, which helps you find an investment property in the area you’re in. As for property owners, you can locate them with a name, phone number, mailing address, email, or company.
PropertyRadar relies on heatmaps to help you visually find opportunities in your local real estate market. The criteria you can filter your search vary, including homes in different price brackets, estimated value, and by owner age, which can be useful if you aim to find something good in retirement communities.
Users can build lists of hundreds of potential real estate investment deals and clients once they find the real estate data they’re looking for.
PropertyRadar Feature Overview
PropertyRadar has several features from providing property data to allowing app integrations.
PropertyRadar provides information on each property’s characteristics, location, ownership, equity and value, mortgage and loan, legal description, property taxes, foreclosure, vacancy, parcel boundary, and property tax delinquencies. You can see the property’s market listing history and prices, comparable properties in the area, and whether the property is for sale, in foreclosure, or owner-occupied.
The platform also provides detailed owner information as well as insights around each community, including housing statistics, the environment, demographic information, housing risks, and the neighbors.
However, those interested in investing in Airbnb property won’t get the necessary information because PropertyRadar doesn’t pull information from their database. With the Mashvisor platform, you can get fresh information from the Airbnb industry, including:
- Number of Airbnb listings
- Daily rate
- Monthly rental income
- Cash on cash return
- Occupancy rate
The information provided is necessary to determine net operating income, cap rate, rates of return, etc.
To start looking for and analyzing the best investment properties in your city and neighborhood of choice, click here.
Users can identify real estate investment opportunities in their local markets using the platform’s Heat Map feature. When they find the perfect location with lots of opportunities, users can mark a group of properties they’re interested in using the Draw tool or by manually selecting it.
By being able to apply more than 200 criteria, users have been able to narrow down their search. The Heat Map offers various view formats and users can see a quick summary of the data about each property they select.
- Lists. Add each investment property you like to a list, which you can further segment to create marketing campaigns, connect with people on that list, set up automation and alerts on those properties, and for niche targeting. You can use these lists for lead management, contact management, email marketing, to create property profiles, etc.
- Quick lists. These are pre-populated lists you can use to quickly narrow your search down. For example, if you’re looking to make a quick property buy, click on the Quick Lists tab, choose your investor criteria, and select properties from the list of options.
- View lists in various ways. You can choose between:
- Card view – shows a card of information for each property;
- Grid view – shows the information as simple text in a list;
- Split view – shows the map with real estate properties and owner data; and
- Map view – shows properties displayed on a map.
Whether you’re a real estate wholesaler, house flipper, or investor in rental property, you have to market your listing in order to sell or rent it out. The platform has a useful marketing feature. You can export your property lists to 123 fields (including email, direct mail, voice, online ads, etc.) and build and automate a direct mail marketing campaign.
The PropertyRadar real estate app is GPS-enabled, which means it enables you to view the area you’re interested in buying a property and find potential deals. You can use it to find data such as property type, ownership, estimated equity and value, whether it is listed for sale, vacancy information, foreclosure, and the owner’s age.
PropertyFinder can integrate with more than 2000 apps, platforms, and services (e.g., Zapier). This allows you to create your marketing and CRM material, as well as automate business processes and marketing campaigns for more seamless and quicker use.
In our PropStream vs PropertyRadar comparison, this is the part that interests potential users the most. There are three PropertyRadar pricing options:
- Essential. The Essential package will cost you $49 per month (but you get a $120 discount on an annual prepay). With this package, you can use all the features at a standard level. However, it provides less data than the Complete and Custom package. You are also not allowed to integrate with other apps or add people to your team.
- Complete. For $79 per month (and a $240 discount if you pay for the whole year at once), you get the Complete package. The data you get with this package is much more robust and detailed.
- Custom. This package enables you to structure your package the way you want. You get all the features at a premium level and have the option of contacting the company about some of them.
Once you sign up for the service, you get a free 3-day PropertyRadar free trial (Essential or Complete package) to test the platform. If you aren’t interested, you can cancel your trial anytime within those three days (according to PropertyRadar pricing rules).
We continue our PropertyRadar vs PropStream comparison and review, so let’s focus on Propstream.
PropStream is another real estate software solution for investors, house flippers, renters, and anyone who needs to obtain and analyze large amounts of real estate data. It is equipped with some great features that can cover your data needs, but also with some nice marketing tools. PropStream allows users to create website landing pages, email campaigns, voice mail campaigns, and postcards.
Even though it can be useful to different user profiles, real estate investors still get the most benefits. With the huge amount of data it offers, PropStream enables investors to quickly find great investment opportunities and evaluate them.
PropStream Feature Overview
PropStream offers detailed information, trends, and analytics on investment properties, such as:
- Property details
- MLS details
- Foreclosure details
- Mortgage information
- Tax information
- Comparable property listings
- Owner details
- Transaction details
Targeted Property Lists
PropStream allows you to create lists of lucrative properties that meet the specific criteria that you’re looking for. You receive a notification every time a new property that matches your criteria gets listed.
When searching for different types of off-market properties that haven’t been listed yet, you can filter for the criteria such as:
- Involuntary liens
- Auctions and vacant homes
- Cash buyers
- Liens vs. free and clear properties
- Expired listings
- High equity
With such detailed and robust data, investors can create lists of warm leads and use it to craft targeted marketing campaigns.
Property Database (Nationwide Data)
This feature allows you to search for an investment property for sale using a wide range of criteria. The thing is that you can filter out a great variety of data and get pretty granular with your search. Do you want to single out a townhouse or duplex for sale in any neighborhood in, let’s say, Colorado? Or do you want to check out commercial properties in Charlotte, North Carolina? This function is what attracts real estate investors that are interested in buying properties located outside their immediate area.
If you need information about loan balances, past transaction details, or sales records of cash deals, PropStream can help.
Property Deal Analyzer
Are you interested in finding in-depth information about the investment and transaction process of a deal? If you are, you can find the information thanks to the Property Deal Analyzer. It can help you calculate:
- Total purchase price
- Mortgage analysis
- Mortgage amount
- Projected rental income
- Property expenses
- Tax information and deductions
- Cash flow
This feature benefits anyone interested in buying houses in poorer condition (which are usually sold below the price). House flippers can benefit most from this tool because it helps them calculate the rehab costs and final price of the house. After conducting their analysis with the Rehab Estimator, users can see whether they would profit and how much.
Save property addresses to a list, and you can:
- Search by type of rehab
- Decide on a smaller rehabbing job or a complete one
- Get estimated cost for the work, as a DIY project, or for a professional to deal with the rehab
- Choose materials
PropStream uses combined data pulled from county recordings and multiple listing services. This helps you figure out property value by comparing average values of similar properties around. You can change different variables in this feature, such as:
- Number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Date range
- Square footage
- Last sale date
- Distance from the subject property
With PropStream, you can do your whole direct mailing and prospecting campaigns directly from the platform. Create custom landing pages, send postcards via direct mail, voicemails, and automated emails. For those without their own website, this feature can come really handy for generating additional leads, reaching out to many prospects at once, etc.
PropStream offers the Deal Analyzer feature to help determine how profitable your deal might be. Whether you have investors ready to buy or are driving for dollars, this tool allows you to view all available property data that will show (with as much certainty as possible) whether a property is a smart investment.
PropStream also offers its own real estate app that you can download and use on your phone. With a sea of valuable information and analytics power in the palm of your hand, you can access all the platform features.
Those interested in testing the platform get a 7-day PropStream free trial. When signing up, you will have to enter your payment information.
PropStream pricing is set at $99 a month, while add-ons like Mobile Scout, Marketing Tools, List Automator, and Team Member can be purchased additionally. Some of these features are only available at a per-use cost.
If you aren’t interested in using the platform, be sure to cancel your PropStream free trial once it’s over. Otherwise, you will be charged automatically according to PropStream’s pricing policy.
For comparison, Mashvisor’s lowest plan (Lite Plan) costs only $17.99 when billed annually). The Professional package with access to all features will cost you only $74.99, which makes Mashvisor the most cost-effective solution when
PropStream vs PropertyRadar – Pros and Cons
It’s time to finish our PropStream vs PropertyRadar comparison with an overview of the pros and cons of both platforms.
- You are not tied into a long-term contract, so you can cancel anytime.
- You can explore the platform and its features thanks to the 3-day free trial. It’s a great opportunity to understand what you’re paying for.
- You get access to robust and detailed data that can help you bring data-driven investment decisions. This saves a lot of time and effort.
- The data you get is accurate because it is updated in real-time.
- You can get property owner data and connect with them.
- When compared to other platforms, PropertyRadar is not as user-friendly. But if you need assistance, it does provide some handy explainer videos.
- Your access to PropertyRadar features is limited unless you opt for the most expensive package.
- There is no free version of the platform, but only paid packages. In order to get access to any of the features, you will have to sign up and start paying.
- Target sellers across the U.S. by sending postcards, voicemails, and emails.
- Get important information for your budgeting decisions with the Rehab Estimator.
- Make important investment decisions thanks to the Deal Analysis Wizard.
- Get to know the platform and its features thanks to the PropertyRadar free trial. As for the pricing, $99 per month is below the pricing of their main competitors.
- When it comes to full pricing information, they lack transparency. You can get this info only after you sign up.
- They offer explainer videos on their website, but they appear more sales-y than explainer because they lack a bit of depth.
- Steep learning curve.
- The automated voicemail feature (Robocall) may not help you much in boosting your conversions.
- There is a limit to 10.000 data saves and exports. You’ll need to upgrade if you want more.
Mashvisor is a powerful platform that comes with its own set of unique tools that are unmatched in the real estate software market. The platform can be used for finding all types of traditional properties, Airbnb properties, and off market properties. Are you looking for a single-family home or duplex for sale? Mashvisor will cover you.
For example, Airbnb Calculator is the perfect tool for investors in short-term rentals because it provides valuable occupancy and rental data. It enables users to compare traditional long-term and Airbnb short-term rental strategies for each location. You can use it to create the best pricing strategy for your Airbnb rentals and optimize your Airbnb rental income. You get the key data points necessary for calculating nightly rates.
Let’s say you live in Colorado, but want to invest in an Airbnb rental outside your state. You heard that Texas is one of the best places to invest in Airbnb, so you go on Mashvisor and see the numbers:
- Number of Listings for Sale: 27,633
- Median Property Price: $480,963
- Number of Airbnb Listings: 32,077
- Monthly Airbnb Rental Income: $3,096
- Airbnb Cash on Cash Return: 3.36%
- Airbnb Daily Rate: $180
- Airbnb Occupancy Rate: 53%
- Days on Market: 88
The data varies across cities and their neighborhoods across the country, and you can get even more detailed location-specific data to help you find the best deal.
When performing property analysis, calculation errors occur because people tend to overestimate their revenue and underestimate expenses.
Mashvisor’s Property Analysis feature requires you to develop a spreadsheet of probable expenses, profits, and cash flows. Our model populates revenue figures from real-time and accurate data to estimate costs based on averages from comparable properties. This minimizes the occurrence of critical errors.
Cap Rate Calculator
Cap rate (short for capitalization rate) is one of the key metrics of the rate of return on commercial real estate and residential rentals. Using Mashvisor’s Cap Rate Calculator is especially beneficial to beginners who don’t know much about how to invest in real estate.
Besides the 7-day free trial, the prices of our packages make the platform one of the most cost-effective real estate software solutions. For $74.99, you get access to all the features and get direct telephone access to our customer service team for assistance.
If neither PropertyRadar nor PropStream meets your needs, then you should try our platform. To learn more about how Mashvisor can help you find profitable investment properties, schedule a demo or sign up for a 7-day free trial.